The Indiana County Jimmy Stewart Airport is a modern, public-use airport serving the growing communities of Indiana County, PA and its surrounding areas.

 

The area’s original airport first opened May 11, 1929, as the privately owned Hamilton Field in a clearing about two miles east of Indiana Borough in White Township. A new field was opened in 1949 about one mile north of Hamilton Field and was operated by Indiana Borough. The new field was sold to the County of Indiana in 1957 and was declared a public facility on September 18, 1959.

The Indiana County airport is named for Indiana’s native son, Jimmy Stewart, best known as an Academy Award-winning actor. Stewart also served as a squadron commander in the U.S. Army Air Corps and flew 20 combat missions in Europe during World War II. He remained in the Air Force Reserve after the war, and retired in 1968 as a brigadier general.

The plane pictured above is Mr. Stewart's actual 1961 Cessna 310F. We are excited to announce our partnership with the EAA Evergreen Chapter 993 in the restoration project of this beautiful plane. To read about the EAA's progress, future plans for the project, or to contribute financially, click here! To see more photos of the 310F, click here!

 

Jimmy Stewart Airshow

Find out about our exciting airshow, featuring  David Schultz airshows, with unique and rare aircraft display, children's activities, vendors, living historians, military fly-by's and so much more!

Learn More →

 

 
coin 1.png
coin 2 new.png

Challenge Coins

Coming Soon!

Be among the first to get a limited edition Jimmy Stewart Challenge Coin! This 2" coin, encased and numbered, is a special collectible designed to aid in the 310 Cessna Restoration Project and the Jimmy Stewart Airshow! Reserve your piece of history now! Click here for more info!

 

 

jimmy stewart airshow brought to you by:

Platinum Level Sponsors:

Gold Level Sponsors:

Silver Level Sponsors:

 
 


 

Jimmy Stewart

Composite

Civil Air Patrol

Squadron


FIND US ON GOOGLE MAPS!